Wednesday 16 May 2012

Pokemon: Yay or Nay?

Hello internet,

So recently I've had discussions with a few of my friends who used to be pokemon fans but who no longer play; I was asking them why they stopped or why don't they pick it back up. The main reasons were as follows:
  1. They were no longer indoors-y people and did outdoor activities with other... people *shivers*
  2. The old games' graphics were crappy and the new games had weird pokemon
  3. Their console had broken and they hadn't bothered to get a new one.
Anyways,  as a person who still plays pokemon I would like to put my side of the argument forward:
  1. I do outdoors-y activities but I combine that with indoors ones. For example I'll play pokemon on the bus or in bed.
  2. The crappy graphics are part of the experience and thus I still play yellow no problem. Also, there are remastered versions of the old games such as Fire Red (remastered version of Red) and Soul Silver (remastered version of Silver) which are playable on the DS.
  3. My sister and I bought two SPs with a whole bunch of games and accessories for £50 and that is a fairly good deal considering we sold our GBA for £20 as well.
So, what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments your relationship with pokemon games (or even trading cards and the TV series, neither of which I've been into too much).

Marllasco

No comments:

Post a Comment